EPAM is a SAP Customer Experience Silver Partner. Contracted to help SAP to implement and configure SPLUNK for INFRASTRUCTURE MONITORING and MAINTENANCE.
This was an example of using Splunk as troubleshooting and monitoring system powering up root cause analysis -
- 40 systems connected to Splunk
- Dynamic dashboards and web-ui configuration
- Data sent via Splunk forwarder, REST API, JDBC, JMX interface, shell scripts execution results
FLEXIBLE REPORTING SYSTEM:
Splunk as a consolidated operational data platform powering up customer data analytics, financial transactions analytics, SLA and performance monitoring
- Customized dashboards and queries for reporting of data metrics across multiple systems
- Integration with translation engines and eCommerce
- Business dashboards customization
SPLUNK OEM REDISTRIBUTION:
Splunk integration into the customer product
Automation and configuration of Splunk components
Splunk data license backup and restore
Building reports and alerts
Implementing dynamic dashboards with drill down
PROCESS HEALTH MONITOR:
- Integration with Jira and MongoDB
- Custom Glass Table dashboard for visualization of existing business flow.
- Process monitoring in terms of crashes, stacks and critical errors
PERFORMANCE MONITORING & CAPACITY MANAGEMENT IMPROVEMENT
Transition from 100+ different event sources, hundreds of hosts to collect events from and no consistent vision on performance metrics to single monitoring solution
- Development of IT performance management strategy
- Breakdown of services into hierarchy of components
- Design and implementation of large-scale Splunk setup
PERFORMANCE, REPORTING & TROUBLESHOOTING TOOL
- Troubleshooting live production issues and creating alerts
- Mobile apps sending logs via Rest API, Backend – via Splunk Forwarder
- Reports, alerts and troubleshooting
CONSOLIDATED LOG AGGREGATION:
- Log collection from production and non-production environments
- Splunk configuration activities
- Search and alerting are used for operational needs
THREAT PROTECTION SYSTEM and PCI Compliance
Splunk Enterprise Security v4.5.0.
Advanced multi-department alerting.
Integration with different components.
More than 2k of log producing servers, 100+ heavy forwarders,